• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employers tally of hours worked dont match actual hours worked pay is short

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lost1291

What is the name of your state? California

Local truck driver working 12-15 hour days delivering different types of loads (roofing material, landscape rocks, waste paper etc...) the majority of loads are to the bay area but all loads have appointment times requiring the driver to miss lunches and or breaks. driver is paid hourly and at the end of the work week the actual time the driver worked is shorted by the employer. what can be done? driver believes that employer is trying to make him change from hourly pay to being paid by mileage can they do that when the driver was hired as hourly?

Beth3

I believe it is permissible to pay long-haul drivers by the mile (but not local) however I don't want to comment beyond that because this is a specfic area of compensation where I don't have much prior experience.

First off, have you asked your employer for clarification as to why your paycheck is less than you believe it should be? If that doesn't result in an answer that satisfies you, then you may contact California's Labor Board, discuss the matter with them, and decide whether you want to file a complaint against your employer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">