• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employment Discrimination & EEOC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ra6317

State= PA

I filed a complaint of employment discrimination based on disability in May 2010, and here it is 3 years later and still no conclusions. I can't seem to get any responses from the investigator assigned to my charge, and even his supervisor can't respond to me. The only person able to get a response at this point has been a US Senator from PA, and the EEOC even lied to them.

I have already reach my max for compensatory damages in just back pay alone, and any time beyond this point I get nothing for. What kind of rights do I have after filing my complaint? Since I filed my complaint under the Americans with Disabilities Act, I can't file a law suit until I receive a letter of Right to Sue, and I can't even request the letter of Right to Sue. I feel like I made a complaint just for it to be ignored.

Proving the discrimination isn't a problem at all, and even when I spoke to my investigator in June 2012, he stated the same thing, but had to keep waiting on my former employer. What can I do if anything? It's been 3 years when the EEOC states that some of their charges can take up to 182 days to complete the investigations.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
One option:

You can request that they issue a right to sue letter and close the case without proceeding further.

ra6317

One option:

You can request that they issue a right to sue letter and close the case without proceeding further.
Normally yes, but I filed based on the Americans with Disabilities Act. I can't request the Right to Sue Letter, and I can't even file my suit until they have concluded the investigation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">