• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EO Complaint/Retaliation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Armywife

I am a Department of Defense Civilian Employee living in Europe with my Active Duty Army Husband. I am a resident of Oregon.

After nearly a year of working in a hostile work environment (racial comments, comments about women, hostile treatment) and repeatedly asking our EO representative to intervene, I filed an EO/hostile work environment complaint with my organziation against my Military supervisor. After I filed the complaint, my supervisor retaliated against me as though engaged in combat.

1. He repeatedly treated me in a derogatory and hostile manner in front of my coworkers.
2. He spread unflattering, embarrassing, and outright false information about me to my peers at another unit.
3. He coerced and intimidated another employee to send him an e-mail stating that I had said I filed a sexual harrassment complaint against him (I did not). My supervisor then took this
e-mail to the Commander (the investigator of my complaint) as "proof" that I was slandering him.
4. He gave me a negative counseling statement (disciplinary writeup) for something I did not do
5. He told me that my job might have to be re-competed and I might not be the best qualified (could lose my job).
6. He denied my application to attend the annual conference that all in my field have been attending for years, dismissing it as "fluff."

I finally recieved my written response to my complaint almost 90 days after I filed it. To my utter amazement, the decision by our local commander was that since my supervisor denied everything there was "nothing" she could do. She also suggested mediation so that we could learn to communicate and "get along."

I am not satisfied. I have eight years of excellent performance.
My reputation is tarnished, not just at my organization but with my peers at other units, as well. What is the point of an EO complaint process if all one has to do is deny all charges?

What is my next step? Who represents DoD civilians?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">