• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-Employer wont go away

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

auragirl

Alberta, Canada

i sent my ex-employer claim for one weeks worth of wages in lieu of written notice of termination.
when he replyed with a letter, saying no, i was fired for just cause, he included a cheque written out for $0.
on that same day he sent me an invoice for products: 2 ink cartridges and a ream of paper- He had given me permission to use the printer at work at my leisure for school work etc. the invoice also included: long distance phone calls, ribbon, and a roll of double-sided tape- none of these had i ever used for myself. also included on it was, a duplication of keys- i mine had gone missing in my apartment for aprox 2 weeks (fell behind a shelf unit)
this all adds up to $126.26 (but i am a student and this is money i dont have to burn)
i thought the invoice was a joke- i thought he was pissed that i sent him the claim through human resources for one weeks worth of wages.
then 2 months later, i have recieved a letter from D&B Receivable Management Services. I called the Collection Officer, and she says that he is saying i did not have permission to use the printer, and she didnt say anything about the other products.
this is fraud, is it not? i cant possibly be made to pay for things i had never used, and things i was given permission to use. i dont have anything in writing saying he had given me permission. as well i would not have gone through two ink cartridges and a ream of paper.
im so lost, i dont know what to do about this. Plese Help. :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">