• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fact-finding respondent'sdecision

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freedom101

the state is PA

I put together all kinds of documents and other relevant information and was given a date for my case "the fact finding conference" and I got a letter that says the Fact-finding conference in the above docketed complaint is canceled due to the respondents decision not to attend.

I will still be sending all my relevant documents and information for the investigation.

My question is, is this a good thing that they are not attending and what does this really mean. Does it mean my information will now be looked at and the investigation will go in my favor?

Thank you so much for your time

Last edited:

LATINOBOY

My question is, is this a good thing that they are not attending

You should be the only one to know that

what does this really mean

How in the world can anybody here know that? Ask the EEOC

Does it mean my information will now be looked at and the investigation will go in my favor?

Your information will be looked at, of course, unless they throw it out the window (or the trash). Again, only the EEOC can tell you if they rule in your favor or not. We don't know anything about your case.

When I dealt with the EEOC, I was in contact with them in a regular basis, they can answer all your questions, just don't bug them too much, they hate that.

Last edited:

freedom101

I think you misunderstood

First of all thank you for getting back to me and replying to my post.

I'm sorry but I think you misunderstood or I wasn't clear enough, let me explain myself a bit more.

You see the EEOC scheduled a fact-finding conference for a date that the company I have charges against decided to cancel due to their decision not to attend. What puzzles me is that this is their opportunity to defend the charges, and they will not be there because of their own decision not to attend. I understand the investigation will continue and that any documents are relevant information in my possession is to be still be submitted puzzles me because they will not be able to defend what I send it.

The fact-finding meeting was intended for both parties to sit down and to discuss the facts. Now that cannot happen because they decided not to attend.

My question is, is this a good thing for me that they decided not to attend? Is this usually an indication that they will probably settle? Can it be that they want it to go to a jury? I have no idea on how to answer any of those questions at all.

Again thank you so much for your time

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Since we do not know any of the details of your case, we do not know whether or not it is a good thing for you that they decided not to show. We do not know if they want to go to a jury. We simply do not know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">