• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false accusations of stealing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mtdew2

What is the name of your state? In. Work in IL.
I am a truck driver and today when I returned to the office after all my stops and first I was told that I was off on Friday and that the boss would be back in a minute. Then when the boss came in with the dispatcher he told me to give him my speedway card. I told him I had not used it like I had before. He said that this time it is more serious and that I may be taking a polygraph test on Monday. He stated that a dock plate was missing from one of my stops that I had today and that I was the primary suspect. I said that when I left that place after hand unloading 50 boxes the plate was there and another driver was coming to the dock after I left. Now the dock area roll up door was open when I got there and was open when I left. I don't know what happen after that, but I would say that it would take two people to move that plate just from looking at it. It looked huge. At work I was told that I was off Friday and Monday they would figure out what to do by then. This all happened in the presence of 2 other drivers and the dispatcher and one other office worker.

Is this any cause for slander?

Beth3

No, not unless you can prove that whoever is accusing you knows it is a lie, did so maliciously, spread the accusations to an "audience," and you suffered damages as a result.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">