• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing Sexual Harrassment charges.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

ironhide77

What is the name of your state? Alabama.

My question is that if a person hands overwritten testemony to an employer, that does not state the intention of filing charges, would they be forced to sign a sexual harrassment charge. Can your employer force you to sign it?

Beth3

You need to clarify. An employee provides their employer with a written statement saying they believe they are being sexually harassed. That much I think I understand.

What "charges" are you referring to? Making a formal complaint of SH directly to the employer? That was already done when the person gave them their written complaint/statement. What other document are you referring to that the employee might be forced to sign?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">