• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fired for utilizing company policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcossette

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I am a master mechanic of 22 years. I have been with my recent employer for over 5 years. The new service manager hired does not tolerate anyone going over his head. The company itself honors an open door policy for any employee to come to any level of management. I was just fired without ever being written up for any fault. I have never even been warned verbally for misconduct. When my service manager fired me, I asked why. He said he couldn't get into any details. I asked for a meeting with him and the general manager and found that he had been complaining about my performance for months without ever talking to me. It all started when I went over his head when he was acting outside of company policy when it came to the treatment of a customer. I have the backing of many employees and the service director that I initially went to. I lost my job because I used the open door policy. I really want my job back and do not want to hurt the dealership itself. What do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">