• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida Sexual Harassment laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bizzosss

I am the only employee in my office and have been sexually harassed for 3 years. For years I have felt guilty because my boss does seem to have a good heart and helps me pay for my schooling and is very generous with gifts. I have always thought it was his way of compensating for not paying me enough for the many hats I wear at my job. I never thought anyone would believe me because it is just the two of us at our office. It is his word against mine. However, I am now at the end of my rope. I feel he should be held accountable for his actions. Can anyone tell me what the Florida laws are regarding sexual harassment in an office with one employee?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

You Are Guilty

It depends. What did the harassment actually consist of?

You can start reading this in the meantime:
http://fchr.state.fl.us/fchr/resources/the_laws/chapter_760_florida_statutes__1

Bizzosss

He says inappropriate things every day. He has grabbed my ass, grabbed my arms, caressed my face, asked me out, asked me to marry him, talks about poop, bowl movements... i haven't gone to the bathroom in 4 years without having to hear a comment about it when i go back to my desk. Etc. and it goes on and on.

HomeGuru

He says inappropriate things every day. He has grabbed my ass, grabbed my arms, caressed my face, asked me out, asked me to marry him, talks about poop, bowl movements... i haven't gone to the bathroom in 4 years without having to hear a comment about it when i go back to my desk. Etc. and it goes on and on.
**A: you have valid claims. Have you told him to stop?

Beth3

I am the only employee in my office and have been sexually harassed for 3 years. For years I have felt guilty because my boss does seem to have a good heart and helps me pay for my schooling and is very generous with gifts. I have always thought it was his way of compensating for not paying me enough for the many hats I wear at my job. (only U.S. law)?
Apparently those things were payoffs for keeping quiet about the harassment, or at least in the hopes that you would.

eerelations

And you think this complete a**hole has a good heart???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">