• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FMLA guidelines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frank0321

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I have been approved for FMLA at work for a chronic and intermittent condition. Can my employer require me to get a doctors note every time I go over the doctors monthly estimate? I went over 2 hours one month and 5 hours another month. Both times I had to get a doctors excuse.
Also, the last time I requested leave for 4 hours, it was denied. They said I had to call in by 6 Am (the start of my shift), I said I was not able to due to one of my conditions. I usually have 1 or 2 episodes per year that don't allow me to follow that rule. They sent me back home that day that I called in late. They let me come in the following day, then gave me a written reprimand, the rest of day off without pay and next day off without pay.
Do I have any legal recourse or are they within their rights?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
An employer may require recertification no less often than 30 days. How far apart were the two instances?

They can require that you follow the same call in procedures as other employees who are not on FMLA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">