• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forced vacation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DPSpencer

My employer in California has required all employees to take two weeks vacation before 6/30/01. If employee does not have 80 hours accrued, we are to 'borrow' against future vacation hours. Is this legal?

H

HotRedCathie

Assuming that your place of employment allow you to acquirer leave when you work. I have not heard of any law requiring you to advance leave for vacations. In federal employment leave can be advanced for sick or emergency purposes when you have used both your sick and annual leave. The amount advanced is the decision of your employer based on the situation. I suggest that you review your policy regarding leave and the requirements. I am sure that no-one can force you to advance leave for vacation purposes, and it certainly is'nt necessary if you have it. Keep in mind if you allow you annual leave to accumulate beyond the allowed hours before entering a new year, you could loose extra hours by not using them. The old motto, "Use it, Or loose it."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">