• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this gender or sex harrassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

meatmouth

What is the name of your state? arizona. my supervisor has made many comments to several female employees that i hate women,these other employees have been very short with me and i couldnt figure out why,until i talked to them and they told me this.my supervisor has made strange statements to me about how her weight bothers her and that she really is a 100lb.woman in a larger body,the prior male in my position pampered her and gave her alot of attention like bringing her meals,etc.he basically responded to her every need,well i feel very uncomfortable around her and dont give her that kind of attention,so therfore she is dogging me out severly and i feel that i am physically getting sick from this,she is trying hard to get back at me,i did go to her supervisor about this,and he obviously didnt fix this, what can i do ,and what would this fall under if anything.help!!!

Beth3

If she is treating you poorly BECAUSE of your gender, then yes, that is prohibited discrimination. If she is treating you badly because (a) she's nuts and/or (b) you don't massage her ego (or whatever) like your predecssor did, then it's not discrimination. Basically, it's not against the law to be a jerk and an idiot.

I suggest you go back to her supervisor and tell him or her the problem continues. Assuming the manager did speak to her back when you first complained, he or she may be assuming all is well since you haven't said anything since. If that doesn't resolve the problem and you believe she is treating you less favorably because you're male, then your options are to file a complaint with your State's equal rights division or the federal EEOC, and/or speak to an employment law attorney.

Z

zappy

He was a gay male, and they wil do those things...

so have the boss advertise for a gay guy friday.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">