• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Going too mediation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

major dad

What is the name of your state? SC
Hi everyone im going to mediation next week for job discrimination.For any one out there who has been through this process could you please give me some pointers what to aspect.can you trust the other party.What are somethings i can include in my settlement.

Thanks

major dad:confused:

K

KYSassy

I am facing the same thing...mediation. That is if my employer agrees to participate. I do not have a date yet, so please let me know how your mediation goes.

From my research, I have found that mediation can be really good and sometimes really bad. Either way, it is probably better to attempt to mediate at first because the EEOC is reluctant to press further early on.

Good Luck!

S

swicket

I am a firm believer in ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolutions) in the EEO process. From my experience, the majority of complaints can be resolved through this avenue. Processes for mediation differs from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. However, in general mediations are usually informal proceedings. The Mediator will set the groundrules and conduct the process. The only thing is both parties want to leave with some sore of written agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">