• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it harasment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shuggies

What is the name of your state? california

I have a co-worker we are in the same job neither is the others suppervisor.

about six months ago he made a statement on how he would get me fired when he wanted to. He repeated this statement several times always when no one was around.

the begining of what he said his plann would be has already happended although I am sure our boss isn't aware of his threat.

I am a computer repair tech and we are sent out on different jobs. I have found that about 25% of the time he has went to the jobs I have completed to check my work. (which is not his job). He is unwilling to give me new information he finds about problems and fixes. I always inform him because I understand it is policy and when I do he He insist that I tell him over repeatedly what I did he will ask the same 3 or 4 question from 4 to 10 times. and if I refuse to answer him even after the 3 or 4th time he will make a big issue of how he can't work with me if I will not comunicate with him and then he goes to a co-worker who is somewhat a supperviser (unoficially) and that co-worker comes back to me with his greivence.

I feel this is harassment Is It and if so what should I do. I have triied to talk to this co-worker with no effect. He just tells me how hard he is triing to get allong with me and that I am not working on it.

So what is the next step. there is a union proceedure should I move that way.

Beth3

Unless your co-worker is treating you badly BECAUSE of your race, age, gender, religion, national origin, pregnancy, handicap or a couple of other protected characteristics, no, this is not illegal harssment. It's just a co-worker being a big jerk.

If you have not already done so, I suggest you go to your direct supervisor (not the "somewhat supervisor"), tell him or her what's going on and ask them to please deal with the situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">