• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harassment/defamation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

peacefulmann

Colorado

My employer let me go after 1 yr. w/o reprimands. Separation agreement said: Board
desired a bookkeeper with nonprofit experience who would serve on the board of
directors a treasurer.

I filed for unemployment, she responded with an undocumented, hand written 20 pg. letter
accusing endangerment to school & board of directors, delegating job duties, non
professionalism, non communication with employer, refusal to make corrections, (i.e.
refusing to sharpen a pencil and set a clock, no financial reports). All of which she never
told me.

During her appeals she wrote a 4, 6 and 8 page letters accusing perjury (unemployment
form & resume), signing contracts unauthorized & violation of sec of state fundraising.
Documents - time sheets, perjury law, job description (not seen by me), employment
contract not signed by her, falsified document with a correction on it. She provided no
documents substantiating criminal misconduct.

She made contradictions both verbal & written. All appeals have been won by me due to
the separation agreement signed by both parties. The claim is now in the industrial claim
appeals office.

Never being fired and holding my last job 11 yr., I feel harassed & my character assaulted.
Her letters are malicious. While employed by her she stated “I was the best employee
she's had in that position”.

Do I have a case for harassment/defamation? I do not want to waste time & money to
pursue a case w/o merit.

She stated a possibly suit against me for signing a contract she authorized and now claims
she didn't. If she does this would I have a case of harassment/defamation?

Thanks for your help!

Beth3

Your former employer is exercising her right to respond to the UC claim you made. The fact that she's engaged in complete over-kill in providing a mountain of documentation (much of which probably isn't even pertinent) and has brought up issues that may be false and/or that you were not aware of doesn't remotely provide you with the basis of a suit for harassment or defamation for a whole host of reasons.

The fact that you've won all the appeals is simply an indication of how ludicrous your employer has handled this and that all these allegations springing out of nowhere are absurd, which the UC adjudicators have recognized. Let your ex-employer continue to spin her wheels providing mountains of irrelevant info to the UC Division if she wishes to. It may irk you but it's no skin off your nose.

You need to just forget about her and get on with your life and job search. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">