• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this Harassment or even sexual harassment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kiteman2

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

the other day at work at temporary employee went to my computer and composed an email asking my main boss for sexual favors, in my name. i found out he sent the email from my supervisor. i later found out that my supervisor (who told me that the email was sent) had also sent an email in my name asking for sexual favors to other supervisors at work . i found out about this on a friday night, i went into to work monday and then complained about it. later that day i was removed from my job and demoted to anthor job. is their anything i can do?

Beth3

YOU were removed from your job? Why? Because they didn't belive the temp employee had sent the e-mails, or because you violated your company's IT policy (i.e. leaving your computer unattended for periods of time without logging off)?

What, if anything, happened to the temp employee and how do you know this is the person who sent the e-mails?

K

kiteman2

Supervisor say him do it

my immediate supervisor stated in an email to my main boss he saw this person write it. the temp also showed the email to about six other people who were working in the department before it was sent.
everytemp was told not to get on the computers we work at. we were never instructed that we had to lock the computers while we were away. as far as i know their is no rule about locking them.
as for punishment for the temp he was only writen up (from what i was told). as for the second email i can't get anybody to talk to me about it. i don't think that anything was done about it.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Demoting you is not harassment and it is certainly not sexual harassment. From what you are posting it's unclear why you were demoted but doing so is not illegal unless you are prepared to prove that the ONLY reason you were demoted was because of your race, gender, national origin etc. and that someone else of a different race, gender and so on, in the same circumstances, would have been treated differently.

I have a feeling there's more to this story than you have posted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">