• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment Hostile Work Environment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missyann

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO
:confused:
I am at my wits end at my job.
I am currently employed with a company of about 20+ people. We are an indirect agent for a large corporation. My current position is in sales. I really love the "actual" job.
But my problem is with my manager.
During my training I really thought this was going to be a long term position. But now I am not so sure.
My "boss" cannot keep his hands to himself. Nor his other BODY parts. What I mean by this is; he comes up on the female employees and lays his crotch on us.... Meaning, he will either lay on our legs (like a dog humping) or will come up behind us and you can "feel it" pressed up against our rear end or thighs. That is not the only thing. He will come up behind us and want to rub our shoulders, or hug us......
I also cannot get past the VILE language, when he states he would like to stick his dick in another girls "ass", and then rubs up against one of us, I nearly want to VOMIT in my mouth. Girls have QUIT because of this.....
This is and has been going on since day 1.
I really need this job. I really like the job, but work has become so stressful, I can barely make myself get up and go.

The dirty jokes...... The vile things he says about every decent looking woman that walks in..... The fact that he stated he sits at home and watches us on video while were working, makes me sick to my stomach. The worst part of it all, THE OWNER of the company sits and watches the videos all day long while HIS manager puts his hands on us all day long and listens to all the sexual assaults that goes on all day long and does nothing~!!! The owner knows this is going on because he watches it LIVE.... The manager brags about how he watches what goes on and how he is "the best manager the owner has ever had"... REALLY????
The manager know how he talk to us, because he sits and watches us live on his laptop also... I feel so violated, you have no idea.
The younger girl that works with me positively hates him. He will hug her or rub her shoulders.... It is disgusting. I will have to "get his attention by calling his name" because she gives me the "look" for help.... Which I do. She is only 20 years old.

While he trains new employees (because EVERYONE quits and now I know why), he will talk about how "BIG" his wanker is and how he has "ripped" girls in half and made them bleed after sex.... OMG~! This is supposed to be a professional atmosphere..... This is what I have to hear when I am the ONLY girl on the sales floor????? I can;t take the headaches anymore..... If the corporate office KNEW what kind of sales manager and owner we had, I SWEAR they would have them PULLED as a retailer.... But I NEED this job. How much more do I have to bear? Or the other girls????

Tell me if I am out of line by dealing with this. Am I supposed to be treated this way??? Are we beneath him to deserve this sort of treatment? I was told by my manager to "get a sense of humor"..... Seriously?

Someone please let me know if this is acceptable. Let me know if I should have to suck it up. I have to work like this again tomorrow. He is only "tickling" me because he is sensing the dislike I feel for him. But, I still have to go in because I need the job. The owner also makes me sick for making all of us feel this way because he does NOTHING about what the manager does to us....

A few days ago was another example.... He asked me if I was pregnant? I said, no, I cannot get pregnant. He then states "maybe your pooper is pregnant". Ooooh a pooper pregnancy..... I wanted to dig a whole and crawl into it. And yes, he said this in front of the other two girls working with me yesterday.

Then yesterday he said to me, while holding an ink pen "I want to stab you in the pooter"......

So, today, he gets in my face, literally and freaks out and starts screaming at me, and I thought he was going to hit me..... Instead he tells me if I dont do what he says I can just "hit the door". I ask him if he is firing me, he states you can leave your keys on the table.

The screaming was so bad, the other girl working started shaking and emailed the owner about my mistreatment.

What can I do?????????????????????????

Missyann

How far have you gone with the HR dept?
There is NO HR department.... The only other person is the owner************** He owns 4 stores.... According to the manager, while he puts us all through his abuse, the owner sits and watches the live videos while he is at home or his main office.... So, what do I do?????

The screaming match today and yesterdays comment. I cannot take any more. I am having nightmares and getting migraines....

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Which is what I told you on the other forum where you posted this yesterday.

Banned_Princess

That was alittle detailed. I mean way too detailed. you might consider talking to some lawyers as well.

Im also pretty sure you KNOW this isnt acceptable. You also know this is called sexual harassment, and its really serious.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
When and if the EEOC comes back with a ruling that SH occurred and she has her right to sue letter, that's when an attorney would be a good idea. Right now, there's no real need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">