• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassment, retaliation, and hostile work environment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lagal

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Louisiana

I resigned from my job due to a hostile work environment. White managers were treated differently than black managers and I was subject to a pattern of harassing behavior from my supervisor. After submitting a formal complaint I was not interviewed about it; I finally chose to resign because my supervisor's behavior continued to get worse. Within that time period I witnessed some sexual harassing behavior (involving a repeat offender) and I filed a complaint. A few days later my office was moved to a much smaller one at the back of the building. Do I have an EEOC case?

commentator

What do you have to lose that you shouldn't go on and file an EEOC complaint? It may take a very long time, but there's no downside to filing. And we can't say oh yes, you should have a case, or oh no, you don't have a case. What difference does it make what they tell you on an internet board?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">