• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harrassmennt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

seven77

What is the name of your state? kansas

in my workplace, i have dealt with a disrespectful and childish woman for the last 7 months. i was told 2 months ago that i would get my 6 month raise. this co worker is now trying to fake a workmans comp suit and continuing to make things difficult for me. i lost my cool last week and said i wish i could slap you. now she is "afraid" to work with me. she had threatened to get an attorney. my employer is a small company and is doing everything to accomodate her. now since our incident has happened, they want me to go along with telling whoever asks that i havent gotten my raise because of this incident and that they put me on 30 days probation. what should i do? i was looking forward to this raise and they asked me to lie about the actions there taking to please her. i dont no if she got her raise or not and i dont believe that she was put on 30 day probation about this. they say that i will get my raise after im with them for a year. do i have some sort of case? they have statements from the other few co workers about her and my incident last week and i wasnt asked to include my statement. i have no documentation on the raise or an evaluation or the 30 day probation.
your help would be appreiciated.
thanks in advance.
seven

S

Sinsaint26

Neither your employer or this woman are doing anything illegal.

Beth3

No, you don't have any sort of case. An even though you may have been provoked, threating a co-worker is NEVER a good idea. See what has happenedsince? You apparently played right into her hands - now she looks like the helpless victim and you're the bad guy who didn't get the raise and has been put on probation. In fact, your employer could have terminated you if they wished to.

Your choices are to keep your cool and lie low and hope this situation resolves itself somehow, or start looking for another job if you just can't tolerate working with this woman.

S

seven77

im not here to be chastized. i just wondered if i could get some advice. they no how this woman is and she doesnt get along with anyone. i no i was wrong for i guess speaking up for myself. i am not a dramatic person. i tend to be very quiet while maintaining a good repore with everyone around me. i dont understand why this women is singling me out treating me worse than everyone else when i barely speak as it is. i dont envolve myself with gossip and things of that nature. frequent meetings about her behavior and my employer trying to help us come up with some sort of agreement as to giving us space so we dont have to deal with eachother doesnt seem to help. they have seperated us upon my request and she still finds a way to come into to my space and tries to provoke me. i ask her why and she laughs and then she goes to my boss and tells them im cussing her. i only did that this last time. he tells me not to worry about it and tells me just to ignore herwhich is what i do. they tell me to stay i dont have a problem with leaving that job. i like it there other than having to deal with her.
advice would be helpful
seven

S

Sinsaint26

The legal advice is you don't have a case. If you want advice about how to handle the situation, Beth gave you good advice. Never threaten your co-worker, no matter how much they provoke you. If your employer has taken steps to keep the two of you apart and she still finds ways to be around you then you have one of three options; Report her to a supervisor, ask her kindly to leave your office or leave the room and don't return until she leaves. Your last option would be to find another job. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">