• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harrassment on job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hillarya2009

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new york

i have a temp job. my employer gives all other employees better and more comfortable areas of work than me. she gives me 8 hours a day on my feet without rotation and allows other employees more gentle treat ment. i feel like i am being discriminated against. a fellow employee advocated for me with my boss but she was beligerantly turned away. while every one is hired for the same function... i get the worst of it daily. can i sue on any ground here.

thanks

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
FYI, "discriminating" against you because you are a temporary employee is 100% legal.

Beth3

If your complaint is that the client treats their employees better than you because you're a temporary employee, that's not very nice but it's totally legal.

Hot Topic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new york

i have a temp job. my employer gives all other employees better and more comfortable areas of work than me. she gives me 8 hours a day on my feet without rotation and allows other employees more gentle treat ment. i feel like i am being discriminated against. a fellow employee advocated for me with my boss but she was beligerantly turned away. while every one is hired for the same function... i get the worst of it daily. can i sue on any ground here.

thanks

Your ignorance is appalling. You don't work for the ABC company, you work for the agency that hired you as a temporary office worker and sent you to the ABC company.

I'm surprised that the agency hasn't been called and asked to send a replacement. Clients don't usually put up with the behavior you've demonstrated, and since they pay the bills, agencies are FAR more interested in satisfying them than dealing with the complaints of someone like you.

You're a perfect example of why so many employees (and employers) have a low opinion of temps. By the way, if the agency sacks you from this assignment, don't expect them to call you with another one.

Last edited:

swalsh411

If I had a temp working for me and she got another employee to "advocate" (i.e. complain on her behalf) I would immediately call the temp agency and tell them to tell their employee not to return. I don't think you realize how extremely lucky you are to not have been fired.

smorr

I've worked plenty temp jobs. Some I liked (and was hired permanently); some I knew I'd never like so was glad it was temporary. Some places treat temps badly because they know this person is just a temp. They may have also had bad luck with other temps so have labeled them all as being the same and the bad temps give the good ones a bad name. I always did my best, no matter what, because your work is a reflection of the agency that sent you there and their confidence that you can do the job. If you are feeling unwanted, wage a complaint to your agency asking them to find you another job somewhere else. They will call the employer and ask their side. Either way, you can be removed from that job. There's plenty of temp jobs out there, many more than permanent jobs.

Bottom line - you can't sue - you're a temp, it's not your employer that's treating you badly, it's your employer's client, and you can't sue for discrimination simply because you ARE treated badly. :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">