• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassment / legal action

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lynda Gibbons

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
I am being paid by five different entities - 4 on the books and 1 off. Three from PA and 2 from NJ. This is the first year I was 1099'd on the "off the books pay" even though I asked NOT TOO.
Most recently I've been told that business is bad and I cannot justify three of the paychecks and that the property I work at (NJ) can either pick up the difference or not. The NJ boss has been looking for arguments all week after that statement and today he told me he wanted me to stop "selling" his property and he didn't need me to do anything anymore. In this heated screaming session, he wagged his finger in my face - so close I had to back up two times. He was foaming at the mouth when he was yelling, called me a liar, told me I was getting "worse every day" (can't figure that out yet) and every other word out of his mouth was F---. I finally couldn't stand to hear it anymore and quite frankly became concerned that he was going to get violent so I turned and walked away. I packed my belongings and left.
I'm not sure if this is actual harrassment and what can come of it but I would entertain the thought of seeking legal advise with all the other complaints I have.
I'm not sure if this partner has the power to fire me for all the other properties but I believe he was the one "elected" to do the dirty work.
Can anyone give me some advice - would appreciate it.

Beth3

Look for another job.

The boss having an attack of the "screaming mimis" is not against the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">