• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harrassment at work from Sprint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rmueller78644

What is the name of your state?
TEXAS

What is the law regarding a company continiuosly calling me at
work in an attempt to get payment arrangements even after I have already called them myself and made arrangements. Is it legal in Texas to call someone at work?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not my area of expertise but the way I understand it, it is not illegal for them to call you at work. However, if you tell them not to call you at work, they have to honor that.

Beth3

I think there are laws which prohibit a creditor from harassing someone, particularly at work as repeated personal or nuisance calls could result in someone's termination. rmueller, I suggest you contact Texas's consumer protection agency and inquire about this as these are typically state law issues.

You might also want to take a peek at the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act and see if there's anything relevant in there. (Just do a search on the web for FCRA.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">