• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

has my privicy been violated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ceezo

What is the name of your state? new york
i work for a local water utility company(18 years). unknown to me(my wife takes care of the bills) i am behind on my bill at my workplace. i am surley embarresed of this. i get called up to the office by my department supervisor and he informs be that the head finance person called him and told him that i am behind on my bill and gave him the exact money figures. i call the finance guy and leave a message for him to call me as i want to pay this and clear this matter up. he does not return my call but he does call my supervisor and lays into him for telling me that he is the one who gave him this info! what i really want to know is does this finance guys have the right to give my supervisor my billing info. i am really imbarressed at my workplace because of his actions. i would have not minded so much if he contacted me personally. but now all my co-workers know that im behind on a bill. do i have any rights here.
thanks
ceezo

Beth3

I can't think of any laws or regulations that would make what your employer did prohibited. I can certainly understand your feelings about the situation though. I think this is a matter to take up with your HR department (or other appropriate management personnel) on how it was handled.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">