• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nina1979

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I am not sure where to post this, but am hoping to get some advice.

I am a contract employee whom works for a company that has a contract with CBP (Customs & Border Protection). I have been an employee for over 9 years. My job duties consist of tracking government property and fleet vehicles. I recently came back from a 16 week maternity leave to find out my job duties were taken and given to a government employee. I now have nothing to do at work. What makes me mad is that property management was my career. I loved my job and I was damn good at it. They originally sat me down and told me they did this to satisfy a government requirement, which is not true. I know many contractors in the field that hold my same type of position. To make matters worse I have to train the individual to do my job. I am terrfied that when the option year comes to renew my position in the contract, it will be deleted and I will lose my job.

I used to sit with the other government admin people and when I came forth about being sexually harrassed, I was moved to a part of the area that not alot of people have access to so I wouldn't run into the accused. I honestly believe if I wasn't forced to move I wouldn't have lost my job duties. People found it hard to get in the area I was banished to conduct business. So there were "alternative" people to go to.

I feel like my on site supervisor is not really helping me. He just keeps saying they are the customer and they have the final decision. I feel if the woman who made the final decision to take my duties away knew about my job in detail things would be different. I mean there could've been a meeting that included myself and my boss to go in detail about what I do and at least break down the duties in a fair way. I feel lost and not sure what, if any legal options I have.

tranquility

I'm not sure what you can do either. While we might imagine some tenuous connection to the harassment charge and your current situation, no one would be able to prove it.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I am not sure where to post this, but am hoping to get some advice.

I am a contract employee whom works for a company that has a contract with CBP (Customs & Border Protection). I have been an employee for over 9 years. My job duties consist of tracking government property and fleet vehicles. I recently came back from a 16 week maternity leave to find out my job duties were taken and given to a government employee. I now have nothing to do at work. What makes me mad is that property management was my career. I loved my job and I was damn good at it. They originally sat me down and told me they did this to satisfy a government requirement, which is not true. I know many contractors in the field that hold my same type of position. To make matters worse I have to train the individual to do my job. I am terrfied that when the option year comes to renew my position in the contract, it will be deleted and I will lose my job.

I used to sit with the other government admin people and when I came forth about being sexually harrassed, I was moved to a part of the area that not alot of people have access to so I wouldn't run into the accused. I honestly believe if I wasn't forced to move I wouldn't have lost my job duties. People found it hard to get in the area I was banished to conduct business. So there were "alternative" people to go to.

I feel like my on site supervisor is not really helping me. He just keeps saying they are the customer and they have the final decision. I feel if the woman who made the final decision to take my duties away knew about my job in detail things would be different. I mean there could've been a meeting that included myself and my boss to go in detail about what I do and at least break down the duties in a fair way. I feel lost and not sure what, if any legal options I have.
**A: I am not sure what you are claiming here; the sexual harrassment, possibility of losing your job....?

swalsh411

They originally sat me down and told me they did this to satisfy a government requirement, which is not true. I know many contractors in the field that hold my same type of position.
So? That doesn't prove anything. That's like saying you know Mildred made apple pie yesterday because you saw her buying applies.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You said you are a contract employee. Different people use that term to mean different things, and it makes a lot of difference what your options are.

Are you:

1.) Employeed directly by the agency in question (W-2 at the end of the year)
2.) Self-employed and currently working on a contract with this agency (1099 at the end of the year)
3.) Employed by a temp or staffing agency, currently on assignment to this agency
4.) Something else

Nina1979

**A: I am not sure what you are claiming here; the sexual harrassment, possibility of losing your job....?
I am not claiming the sexual harrasment. I only came forward since there was another lady it happened to and nobody believed her.

I am just wondering if any action can be taken to save my job or get my job duties back.

Nina1979

You said you are a contract employee. Different people use that term to mean different things, and it makes a lot of difference what your options are.

Are you:

1.) Employeed directly by the agency in question (W-2 at the end of the year)
2.) Self-employed and currently working on a contract with this agency (1099 at the end of the year)
3.) Employed by a temp or staffing agency, currently on assignment to this agency
4.) Something else
I work directly for the company (L-3) that holds a contract to provide support to CBP.

Nina1979

So? That doesn't prove anything. That's like saying you know Mildred made apple pie yesterday because you saw her buying applies.
I made a point to prove that there is no such governement requirement. The COTR came back to my boss and said that is ended up being an internal decision. I don't know why they just couldn't tell me that in the first place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">