• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help I am in a battle to Graduate college

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dances

What is the name of your state? Florida
I am desperate to find an answer regarding whether or not it is legal to require a student of a junior college to provide weekly documentation of mental health appointments in order to be allowed to graduate the degree program. I know it is not legal in public schools. I had a very frustrating episode with an instructor during a clinical experience. She personally attacked me verabally over a micommunication and carry this ranting and raving on even in a parking lot. I did get the director of the program to come onsite to try and retify this situtation. I never showed anger moreover I was embarrased and shocked. I kept telling this instructor that we should just calm down and that this was not right as a person let alone a student. After review it was determined that I had to write a letter of apology to her since the director felt that all students should be able to handle conflicts and that instructors cannot always deal with students how they feel they should be treated. After reviewing my file and discovering that I was currently taking paxil for situation depression, she has now required that I see a mental health conselor for anger management weekly. I must provide a faxed letter not sent by me but by the facility proving I kept the appointment and when my next one is. I have 14 days left to complete and after taking my final on monday the rules changed again and they are now holding my grades, at first on the premise that they still required documentation, although unable to tell me what they still needed, I did expidite my last visit and had the information faxed to them and still they holding my grades. I have heard that it may not even be legal for them to require this in order for me to graduate. Please someone HELP...On and off I have had bad situtations with this program and now with 14 days left to go I am trying to locate a way to ensure that I can finish. I am scared to death of what is to come and have come to far to stop now. I have four children and two sick parents and struggling through this was my way of ensuring a bright and secure future for all of us. I have also asked them to please provide me with a revamped letter of what was not completed and thus far they have not been able to do so. Is it legal because if not I can at least set a meeting with them and the dean of the school and show where I have been in good faith trying to rectify this situtation by my choice because the law does not support this and also I will have a better idea if I should seek law help in completeing. Scare to death and praying anyone can help.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This has nothing to do with Employment law. You might want to try re-posting it under Education.

D

dances

Thank you

Thank you so much. I have posted it there as well. I was unsure where to post it since it was also a harrasment issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">