• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help, My employer is taking my checks, All of them.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cjdavis618

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

I work for a multi national corporation in Batesville AR. Back in January, my employer scheduled myself and a co-worker for training classes to better the company. There was mention of a contract to follow that if anyone left the company within a year after the class, then we would be responsible to pay the abounts back. at $1250 a class.

To date I have taken 4 and turned in my 2 weeks notice. I have never seen or signed the "proposed" agreement and now the company is holding my paychecks. and still doesn't cover the "Owed" amount. They are forcing me to pay 800 a month on an income of 1400 and feed my family of 4 kids.

What can I do?

My co-worker was fired and not required to pay the classes back, and nowhere in the employment manual does it say that I am responsible.

Thanks for your help. I'm really scared.

Beth3

Call the Arkansas Department of Labor/wage and hour division immediately. What your employer is doing is almost certainly prohibited.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">