• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hidden Cameras

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

actually

What is the name of your state? CA

I found out that my employer has planted a secret camera in a workspace. I'm not sure what they are using it for, but they have not notified the workers in the area about the camera as they did with all of the conspicuous cameras around our warehouse.

This camera is not fixed -- it's in a small crevice and I ran across it by happenstance. I'm offended and disturbed that these cameras are in other places, making me quite uncomfortable. Is there any action that can be taken to stop the usage of these hidden cameras?

Thank you in advance.

JETX

"Is there any action that can be taken to stop the usage of these hidden cameras?"
*** Where is the camera??? If it is not in a place having an 'expectation of privacy' (bathroom, changing room, etc.) it is probably legal.

A

actually

Response

The camera is in an office workspace...I guess some would call it a cubicle. I think you already answered my question though.

Thanks.

B

badtenant

Has there been any complaints recently about discrimination, or sexual harassment?

Its possible they are trying to catch the offender.

Theft or willful destruction of property could be another. Anyone crashed a hard drive recently?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">