• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HIPAA Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ldjones1506

What is the name of your state? Texas
I am a teacher at Dallas Can Academy, and my department head requested my leave request forms from the assistant principal. Those forms are very confidential, because they contain reasons for the leave request. Is this a violation? She does not approve the requests, so why should she have access to them. We don't turn them in to her.

lealea1005

What is the name of your state? Texas
I am a teacher at Dallas Can Academy, and my department head requested my leave request forms from the assistant principal. Those forms are very confidential, because they contain reasons for the leave request. Is this a violation? She does not approve the requests, so why should she have access to them. We don't turn them in to her.
Do they contain private health/medical information?

ecmst12

This has nothing to do with hipaa. Your employer can provide the forms to people within the company if business needs dictate.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, this does not violate HIPAA. HIPAA has nothing to do with leave request forms, EVEN IF there is medical information on them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">