• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hiring Pregnant Women

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

butterlady

What is the name of your state?IN
I have been looking for a job since I left the dump I was in back 1st of December.I am now three months pregnant.Do I have to tell employers I am pregnant?Can they legally not hire me because of it?If I don't tell them until I am showing can they fire me?If I did tell them after being hired and then get fired how can I prove that's why?I fully intend to go back to work after having the baby I can't afford to stay home.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Do I have to tell employers I am pregnant? Not initially. But you're going to have to tell them eventually.

Can they legally not hire me because of it? No.

If I don't tell them until I am showing can they fire me? Not because you are pregnant, and not because you didn't tell them you are pregnant. But they can fire you for reasons unrelated to your pregnancy. Being pregnant does not protect you from being fired for reasons that would have happened whether you are pregnant or not.

If I did tell them after being hired and then get fired how can I prove that's why? You don't have to. If you feel that the only reason you were fired is because of your pregnancy, you can file a complaint with the EEOC, and then THEY have to prove that you were fired for another reason.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">