• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hostile Work Environment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

empmess

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I have a supervisor who has displayed a pattern of behavior for over two years (since I have been there) of gossiping about other employees, taking employees into her office and humiliting them, degrading them, threatening their jobs. Each instance stems from the fact that she wants everyone to be her friend. When people refuse or get tired of her talking about others she sets out to force them to leave. She started in on me over a year ago and now she is trying to make a case against met to get me fired. This is all because I have confronted her with the situation several times and asked to stop. I have gone to HR twice and to administration. She has four letters of complaints and there is one other employee ready to file a lawsuit and four others that are directly affected by her behavior right now and there are several that are looking for jobs. She has created a hostile work enviroment and while I have had nearly perfect performance reviews, and a glowing work history at my job, she is trying to make me out as a trouble maker and corporate synic. I am afraid she will ruin my good name. what can I do about it?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

empmess said:
What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I have a supervisor who has displayed a pattern of behavior for over two years (since I have been there) of gossiping about other employees, taking employees into her office and humiliting them, degrading them, threatening their jobs. Each instance stems from the fact that she wants everyone to be her friend. When people refuse or get tired of her talking about others she sets out to force them to leave. She started in on me over a year ago and now she is trying to make a case against met to get me fired. This is all because I have confronted her with the situation several times and asked to stop. I have gone to HR twice and to administration. She has four letters of complaints and there is one other employee ready to file a lawsuit and four others that are directly affected by her behavior right now and there are several that are looking for jobs. She has created a hostile work enviroment and while I have had nearly perfect performance reviews, and a glowing work history at my job, she is trying to make me out as a trouble maker and corporate synic. I am afraid she will ruin my good name. what can I do about it?

My response:

Well, it's obvious that the company still wants her around.

So, you have two choices left, since the company is failing to do anything about the situation - -

1. Find a new job; or,

2. Shoot the bitch.

IAAL

E

empmess

Corporate cynic

In my organization a cynic is anyone who tries to bring down the company morale. Constant complainers, those who do not support the mission of the company. In general, trouble makers.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm not unsympathetic to your situation, but this is not a hostile environment in the legal sense and you do not have any legal recourse.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cbg said:
I'm not unsympathetic to your situation, but this is not a hostile environment in the legal sense and you do not have any legal recourse.

My response:

Yes, that's true. But, isn't my Option #2 also viable, cbg?

IAAL

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Sure, and it'll boost the numbers on the Criminal Law forum as well.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

cbg said:
Sure, and it'll boost the numbers on the Criminal Law forum as well.

My response:

I'm glad we are of one mind on this one. My only wish would be that we would also be of one body, writhing around like two coiled snakes in heat!

Hey, did you see this one?

Copy and paste this link into your browser without the on each side: [url]https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?threadid=124348

Sounds like an evening I had recently!

IAAL

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
So, is that your post? :D

I like candles but only up to a point. When they start setting the room on fire, something has to go.

HomeGuru

cbg said:
So, is that your post? :D

I like candles but only up to a point. When they start setting the room on fire, something has to go.

**A: hahaha, reminds me of the recent post of a fire in the hotel room due to candles.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

HomeGuru said:
**A: hahaha, reminds me of the recent post of a fire in the hotel room due to candles. [/B]

===================================

My response:

Um, Homie, that's the one we were talking about. Look at the "link" in my post, up about two posts from this one.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">