• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hostile work environment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TDuhon

I have been employed as the CEO of a small co-operative and an outside Board with no share holders in southwest Louisiana for 8 years during this time the co-operative has doubled in assets and capital. Even as recently as 2-10-2001 a Financial representative has stated that our past financials are outstanding and our growth has been far superior to most of our peers according to federal call reports. I have 8 Board of Directors and 2 of them I feel have been making my work environment very stressful even hostile to the point of me having to defend issues that did not even exisit, and I feel that statements they have made to my subordinates , and statements they have said in meetings have created this hostile environment for me to continue working at the credit union. I have brought my concerns to the attention of the Chairman of the Board but nothing has happened. as a result i feel i now am taking more stress medications than i have ever taken for my blood pressure. my doctor has told me stress can cause blood pressure to rise and I tend to believe this is true. Last year in mid 2000 i had chest pains was put in the hospital and they discover that i had an enlarged heart which i had not had before. 27 years ago i had back surgery and now being 53 i am starting to feel the effects of that old surgery just because of aging (it happens). I need to know if I have the same rights that the people that work for me have under equal employment laws. because my stress is coming from the people i work for the board of directors and i am starting to have back problems i feel they are ready to dump me even though i have taken the credit union leaps and bounds into the future and this can be proved by finacials and the employees of the credit union. not all my board members are doing this but when situations are brought up to the chairman and nothing happens. what can i do or what do i have to do so i don't end up having a stress heart attack in my office or get laid off because of a 27 year old back injury. because i do feel 2 of the 8 directors have their own agendas, one of them would even like for his wife to take over my job. any information would be extremely helpful. thank you for your time.

[Edited by TDuhon on 02-12-2001 at 12:14 AM]

ALawyer

First, you have provided too much in the way of details and I suggest that you delete your posting and repost using a less identifiable story -- it is not relevant that you are CEO of a credit union -- a small cooperative that has an outside board and no shareholders will do it.

Second, this is something that you really should discuss with a good lawyer you can trust in you community. One on one.

It sounds as if you have a great record and that they are putting more pressure on you than you wish to take -- that may or may not be discrimination but it is unacceptable to you. And a good lawyer may think of approaches to solve the problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">