• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hostile Working Environment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cheide1

What is the name of your state? Washington State

I reported my boss for making lewd comments to me, suggesting that he would sleep with me and laughing, calling me love, and baby and such about a month ago. The president of the company talked to him about it and it seemed to go away.

Now he's back at it again, calling me love and baby, and on Monday he called me in his office and was telling me what he would like me to get done that day, and the whole while he was scratching his balls.

I've gone to the President again, and he's contacted their attorney. What should I do? They won' t let him go, cause they need him, they can't move me cause it's a small company. I've asked that they lay me off so I can get unemployment as well as give me compensation. 6 months Pay and Health insurance. Am I out of line?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You're not out of line, but at the same time there's no guarantee that you'll get this. At this point I would wait. The president is talking to the attorney; in the current job market I wouldn't be too sure that they won't let him go - there are an awful lot of good people out there and he could be replaced quite easily unless he is the only one with some really obscure knowledge that they have to have. Your rights aren't going to go anywhere - see what kind of action your employer actually takes before deciding what they will and won't do.

Good luck. Let us know what happens.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">