• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hourly Wage Cut

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Ruby2sday

wisconsin. i was hired at $10 hr (and i've been paid $10 hr since being hired) until my on my last check my wage was dropped from $10 hr to $7 hr without any written or verbal warning/notice. can my employer do this?

Last edited:

O

OSNNG2L

Ruby2sday said:
wisconsin. i was hired at $10 hr (and i've been paid $10 hr since being hired) until my on my last check my wage was dropped from $10 hr to $7 hr without any written or verbal warning/notice. can my employer do this?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following link I am posting is the wage laws and collections of the state of Wisconsin. Read through it thoroughly as there isn't a lot of pages on it...But see if there is something in there in relation to what you are looking for???

[url]http://www.legis.state.wi.us/statutes/Stat0109.pdf]Wisconsin Wage Laws [/URL]

Hopefully that'll help you with what you are looking for...

Good Luck!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The short answer to your question is, it is legal for your employer to cut your wages as long as you were given notice ahead of time. If you were not, you can contact the state DOL. You will almost certainly be entitled to the higher rate of pay from the time of the cut till the time you were notified, although after that the lower rate would be acceptable.

Beth will be able to answer if there is anything Wisconsin-specific.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">