• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long does an investigation take?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

weenor

fighting_back said:
Do I think that I'm going to win? Who knows...maybe I will or maybe I won't. However, like you stated, this 2nd person/victim has definitely strengthen my case. My point is that I'm not going to be a "good girl" by keeping my mouth shut given the fact that he has voilated me. I have proof and now I have 1 of his other victims come forward.

What is it with several of you "legal experts" on here? People come here for legal advice and all you do is insult/degrade them. Of course, given the fact that this is suppose to be FREE legal advice (the key word being free), the so called 'legal advice' isn't worth anything. It looks like several members on this message board suffer from the "old boys' network" mentality in reference to women in the workplace.

For those of you who actually want solid legal advice, go do a search on Google and find a lawyer to go to who will give you a free consultation. There are too many haters/racists/sexist people on this website just waiting to tell you to 'get over it' just so they can feel powerful.

Sweet heart for your information I am a woman who has worked in a number of industries for the past 25 years...I am currently an attorney with several years experience in employment law...You have received sound legal advice...You have no idea how difficult sexual harassment claims are too win and your posts indicate that your real motivation is money. At this point you have a better chance winning the lottery than doing anything to "stick it" to the company...

fighting_back

weenor said:
Sweet heart for your information I am a woman who has worked in a number of industries for the past 25 years...I am currently an attorney with several years experience in employment law...You have received sound legal advice...You have no idea how difficult sexual harassment claims are too win and your posts indicate that your real motivation is money. At this point you have a better chance winning the lottery than doing anything to "stick it" to the company...
Sweetheart? You are a woman attorney and you address me as "sweetheart"? Nice power play on the words WEENOR. Tell me, is there a reason why you choose a slang word that means penis for a screen name? Penis evny perhaps? Oh that's right - you are a female attorney. Yeah, right. Whatever...and I'm a Supreme Court judge.

FYI...I'm not looking to go to court and I'm definitely not in it for the money. I'm not seeking "Anita Hill" status by having my name printed in the newspapers and my face appear on TV.

Now you can go ahead and verbally attack me as several of you "legal experts" usually do to others. As I mentioned before about this message board - this place is a joke. It's just another message board full of people who are bored and insecure and want to have a little fun by putting others down. There are no real legal experts here...at least not the good ones because the good ones are actually busy working on cases and do not have time to surf the Internt and give "free legal advice."

Go ahead and attack away - wow, you truly are a powerful attorney sitting in front of that computer screen and insulting people. :rolleyes:

Just Blue

fighting_back said:
Sweetheart? You are a woman attorney and you address me as "sweetheart"? Nice power play on the words WEENOR. Tell me, is there a reason why you choose a slang word that means penis for a screen name? Penis evny perhaps? Oh that's right - you are a female attorney. Yeah, right. Whatever...and I'm a Supreme Court judge.

FYI...I'm not looking to go to court and I'm definitely not in it for the money. I'm not seeking "Anita Hill" status by having my name printed in the newspapers and my face appear on TV.

Now you can go ahead and verbally attack me as several of you "legal experts" usually do to others. As I mentioned before about this message board - this place is a joke. It's just another message board full of people who are bored and insecure and want to have a little fun by putting others down. There are no real legal experts here...at least not the good ones because the good ones are actually busy working on cases and do not have time to surf the Internt and give "free legal advice."

Go ahead and attack away - wow, you truly are a powerful attorney sitting in front of that computer screen and insulting people. :rolleyes:
Did you forget your medication?;)

fighting_back

cbg said:
The EEOC rarely if ever tells someone they CAN'T file a complaint. That's a long way from saying they'll find in your favor.
I went to the EEO, filled out the paperwork, and talked with the EEO investigator. He was shocked at the blantant acts of sexual harassment that the boss expressed. The EEO representative said that I have more than enough proof to show that improper behavor on his part did occur. Also, according to the EEO representative, even though I am a contractor, I am NOT an independant contractor. What this mean is that I do not make my own hours. The company (i.e. his company) creates my hours and therefore an employer-employee relation exist and I can file with EEO.

In this thread, Weenor wrote "Without knowing the rest of his alleged conduct no one here could give any opinion whether you have a viable case."

So how can several of you claim that I don't have jack **** of a case when, as Weenor mentioned, no one on here can give sound advice without knowing the rest of his alleged conduct. For a bunch of so called lawyers and legal experts, you sure are quick with jumping to conclusions about people claiming false allegations.

mitousmom

You should be aware that most EEOC investigators are not lawyers.

Who is the employer cited in the charge, your employer or both your employer and the firm with which your employer has the contract?

I don't recall that any of the responders said that you were an independent contractor. It's clear that you are an employee; just not an employee of the employer of the individual who you allege sexually harassed you. You could always file a charge with EEOC; the question was against whom could you file and the likely outcome of the charge.

None of the responders questioned whether your "boss" engaged in improper behavior. As I recall, you initially didn't consider his behavior improper. You responded to his flirting by flirting back. At some later point, you concluded that things had gone too far and you wanted his behavior to stop. You still never bothered to tell him. Instead, on instructions from your attorney, you wrote a letter to him, which you gave instead to your HR. (You noted that even your attorney - a lawyer - indicated that the guy's actions before being put on notice that his behavior was objectionable, would not mean anything in a court of law.) Your HR immediately intervened, initiated an investigation, and contacted his employer. You were removed from his supervision. You didn't like the outcome, and hence you continue to carry on about this.

I hope you provided EEOC with all same information you provided the forum. It doesn't really matter, though. EEOC is not going to act until it hears from your employer. Trust me, if EEOC issues the charge to the wrong employer, they will be informed of that mistake. If you failed to tell EEOC about the initial consensual nature of the relationship, your employer will tell them. It will also tell them about its lack of knowledge about the problem until you sent them a letter, and will certainly tell them of their actions thereafter.

It's been my experience that EEOC is interested primarily in ensuring that employers don't violate the law. They don't go into these matters believing one side over the other. They are going to get the facts.

I am not a lawyer, just an IT consultant like yourself.

In harrassment cases such as yours, I have noticed that a client company will quite often remedy their problem by cancelling their contract with you.

Depending on your point of view, You may or may not be fortunate that this has not happened to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">