• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to take action against a labor union?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dustrag73

We're in Michigan.

My husband works for a major airline and pays union dues each month to a relatively small labor union, but it is growing fast.

This union has already gone against the labor contract in favor of another member and against my husband (this happened last year) This year, they are not helping him with another issue (a small pay cut that only my husband got, and no one else, even though everyone was supposed to have gotten it) and now yet another issue in which they are favoring a member with less senority (senority is a HUGE factor in this company.)

We are so sick of getting walked on, and feel we have nowhere to turn. Is there anything we can do??

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

dustrag73 said:
We're in Michigan.

My husband works for a major airline and pays union dues each month to a relatively small labor union, but it is growing fast.

This union has already gone against the labor contract in favor of another member and against my husband (this happened last year) This year, they are not helping him with another issue (a small pay cut that only my husband got, and no one else, even though everyone was supposed to have gotten it) and now yet another issue in which they are favoring a member with less senority (senority is a HUGE factor in this company.)

We are so sick of getting walked on, and feel we have nowhere to turn. Is there anything we can do??

My response:

Yes, your husband can do something. Read the Labor contract!

His answers are right in the contract.

IAAL

D

dustrag73

But that's the problem. The local union representatives have already gone against the contract. We can file a grievance against the COMPANY, but I don't know how we can file a grievance against the union! The reps stand together against someone they don't like.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">