• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am being targetted by my company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mahee

I have been working for a non profit for seven years, great record, never had a problem, recently the team and I went to the CEO and reported some issues about poor magement skills on our director, suddenly I get writen up three times one time after the other based on lies (have proof) of those and extensive paper trail, at this point they are about to fire me, and I want to get fired so i can submit a complaint against them, they are waiting, I'm on sick leave for a week, can I quit and be consider a construction termination of employment due to the hostile enviornment and then be able to qualify for unemployment benefits even if i quit?

Thanks

OHRoadwarrior

Firing you because you are causing unwelcome disruptions at work, does not constitute a hostile work environment, for the way you are thinking. If you quit, before they fire you, your chances of collecting are much lower.

swalsh411

Don't quit. Don't quit. Don't quit.

A situation very similar to yours happened about 2 weeks ago. Everybody advised the OP not to quit. They decided to quit anyway, and now are having trouble collecting unemployment. Don't be a fool like that person.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">