• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I did something stupid. What can I expect?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, I do not think it makes a difference at all. The implication is the same either way.

commentator

You're right, quincy. OP, the less specific you are at this point the better. And the faster you get everyone else in the company to forget about it, the better. And that is achieved by your saying as little as reasonably possible about the matter ever again.
If you are having this much of a problem with this job, maybe it is time for you to be looking around for other companies you might be interested in working with. Over-involvement is one of the hazards of any workplace, our world gets small and we worry far too much about everything that goes on and is said and happens. But putting out feelers toward other things is part of the cure for all this worry and anguish.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thank you all for the advice everyone. I've never been so embarrassed or ashamed in myself. I've mentioned to my management for the last 6 months that things were not going well and that I knew her personally and that I was hoping that that was not why she denied me a promotional opportunity earlier in the year without reason. I really feel like I was hung out to dry on this one but make no mistake, I take full responsibility for my actions. Do you all think it makes a difference if I has said "I think she has a drinking problem" vs "She has a drinking problem"? I can honestly say that I never told anyone she factually has a drinking problem.
In other words, you've been stomping around pissed off at your supervisor, making all sorts of baseless claims.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">