• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was fired for being harassed! What are my rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

seeker4god

What is the name of your state?Florida
I worked for a company for about 4 months and during the 4 months there was a female who constantly harassed me during the day. I asked her why she was harassing me and she said she was going to do whatever it took to get me to quit or get me fired. I reported her to the management a few times and when she didnt stop i finally told the harasser that she had been reported and she replied "just who do you think they will believe, i have been here longer". So a week went by withher still harassing me and one day the manager asked me to come in her office, and told me i was fired, because the harasser worked there longer and she didn't have time for the personality conflict. So i got another job, and what do you know the manager called me last week and said the harasser had the same problem with other employees and was fired. The manager apoligised to me and said that i was right the harasser was the problem not me. can someone tell me what my rights are on this situation and do i have a case?

S

seeker4god

is this working

I am not sure how this works, why is the envelope to the leftsay, no new posts?And how do i know if others can see my question and when do i see who has read it and responded. I want to make sure i have done this right! also what is a thread? :confused:

Beth3

Yes, you have done it right. Nobody has been by to answer your question yet. A "thread" refers to your post and any replies that are made.

Here's the answer to your question - unless this co-worker was harassing you BECAUSE of your age, race, religion, gender, national origin, handicap, veteran status, pregnancy, etc., then it wasn't illegal. If she was giving you a hard time simply because she's a nasty person who gets her jollies getting new employees fired, that's not illegal. From what you have shared, it doesn't appear you have the basis for any kind of suit.

It sure is nice that the boss caught on to her and she got what she deserved though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">