• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

someoneinneed

What is the name of your state? ok i live in califorina. My sister in law was sexually harrased at work by her boss. she turned him down and after that he started being really rude to her. he didnt even pay her. she only worked for tips. she says he has come on to the other girls and they wont tell because they are afraid to lose their jobs. she doesnt think she can do anything because she has no proof. is there anything she can do about this? she was fired because her boss hired a new person who he is currently infatuated with. he is paying this new girl when he told my sister he couldnt pay her until there were two more people. please help me. i dont know what i can do.

Beth3

You can tell your sister to contact her State's Department of Labor/wage and hour division and file a claim for any wages that are due her. She may also contact her State's equal rights division (or the federal EEOC) and make a claim of sex discrimination/sexual harassment. The bottom line here appears to be she was treated badly and ultimately fired because she refused the boss's sexual advances. That is absolutely prohibited by the law.

It is not necessary that she has proof of her allegations. Very few individuals who bring SH claims have proof and many are "he said/she said" situations. The determination as to whether SH actually occurred is frequently made on the basis of individual credibility and logical conclusions about what likely occurred, given what the circumstances are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">