• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need to know

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

onogueras

Part II

I presented all my documents, they verified that I used to work for the City of Miami , and other information.
Finally, My name and reputation is questioned, a US company can’t verified some information and result in fire someone. Nobody protect me, I have been calling to everyone possible to fix this issues but I can do much. I want to open some investigation about it.
Please let me know what to do, what US organization can help me. Somebody else should pay by this mistake, I lost my job, and my family is suffering for it.

Thank you
Omar

Antigone*

I presented all my documents, they verified that I used to work for the City of Miami , and other information.
Finally, My name and reputation is questioned, a US company can’t verified some information and result in fire someone. Nobody protect me, I have been calling to everyone possible to fix this issues but I can do much. I want to open some investigation about it.
Please let me know what to do, what US organization can help me. Somebody else should pay by this mistake, I lost my job, and my family is suffering for it.

Thank you
Omar
:confused::confused::confused::confused: You just gave me a headache

swalsh411

Please explain what is happening a little more clearly.

If your employment has been terminated through no fault of your own, file for unemployment immediately.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What are you talking about? Who made what mistake, how did it result in your losing your job, and who was supposed to verify what?

Your post makes no sense.

onogueras

What are you talking about? Who made what mistake, how did it result in your losing your job, and who was supposed to verify what?

Your post makes no sense.

Ok, Sorry. I was fired by the City of Cape Coral, Florida. Just because they can't verified my education. I have a bachelor degree from Cuba. I validated it in USA. But Just because they can't do it, just fire me. That is it.

I would like to know what can I do to clean my reputation.

Proserpina

, a US company can’t verified some information and result in fire someone. Nobody protect me, I have been calling to everyone possible to fix this issues but I can do much. I want to open some investigation about it.

Thank you

Regarding the bolded - are you saying that you think the employer cannot fire an applicant/hireer if they cannot verify his/her credentials

If that's what you mean, that's not true.

Antigone*

Ok, Sorry. I was fired by the City of Cape Coral, Florida. Just because they can't verified my education. I have a bachelor degree from Cuba. I validated it in USA. But Just because they can't do it, just fire me. That is it.

I would like to know what can I do to clean my reputation.
That would be an appropriate reason to fire an employee if the employer so chose. That is it.

Wait... Apply for unemployment, now that is it.

onogueras

Regarding the bolded - are you saying that you think the employer cannot fire an applicant/hireer if they cannot verify his/her credentials

If that's what you mean, that's not true.
They sub contracted a screening company in tampa, Fl. They verifies some information, but they said that they called Cuba, Not English speaking there (Cuba) they couldn't verified my education in Cuba, But I do have several documents (validating and evaluating my degree, Central Florida University gave my the equivalent to a Bachelor Degree in USA) I used to work for the City of Miami and Florida Department of Education.

The reality, I think that somebody made a favor to other firing me. (Someone told me that, also this person told me That I not able to visit any park and rec in this City (Not official) just a friend told me that.

Question is what to do?

Just Blue

They sub contracted a screening company in tampa, Fl. They verifies some information, but they said that they called Cuba, Not English speaking there (Cuba) they couldn't verified my education in Cuba, But I do have several documents (validating and evaluating my degree, Central Florida University gave my the equivalent to a Bachelor Degree in USA) I used to work for the City of Miami and Florida Department of Education.

The reality, I think that somebody made a favor to other firing me. (Someone told me that, also this person told me That I not able to visit any park and rec in this City (Not official) just a friend told me that.

Question is what to do?
Do you have an Employment Contract from this company? If so...What are the terms of said contract?

OHRoadwarrior

If they cannot directly verify your education or that it is from an accredited school (if they require it), they are not required to keep you. File for unemployment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">