• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need urgent help !

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J.Egan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

PLEASE HELP ME ! I am a 63 year old jamaican independant taxi driver with my own clean taxi van with all my work pemits , recently i paid my 400$ renewd it to be outside the local airport . where other major taxi companies also operate. for the past year i have endure racial slurs even one taxi driver was susspended for a day after admitting her called me a nigga . Because i have a clean van which holds more passengers/ luggage obviously im more frequently requested there. they lie on me / yell at me harrass me aily. two days ago i asked a taxi driver to move up to let me in . she started yelling at me then a police woman came started yellingat me and very hostile without even asking what the problem was about , after a small time taxi driver talked to the police woman stating i had done nothing wrong she came back to me in a calm manner . after that a taxi driver started to tell everyone one i said i was going to kill them all and they needed to go to the police . This is so not true NEVER once did Iever say anything like this . The follwing morning i had my permit taken from me and banned for life . without talking to me the said they didnt want to hear anything and wouldnt talk about it . I called the police chief he said he didnt want to hear anything its final leave ! I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG . I WOULD NEVER THREATEN ANYONE it is just made up lies to get me out of the airport. By the way im not acist im married to a white lady with white children. what can i do ??? Please help . Thankyou .

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

PLEASE HELP ME ! I am a 63 year old jamaican independant taxi driver with my own clean taxi van with all my work pemits , recently i paid my 400$ renewd it to be outside the local airport . where other major taxi companies also operate. for the past year i have endure racial slurs even one taxi driver was susspended for a day after admitting her called me a nigga . Because i have a clean van which holds more passengers/ luggage obviously im more frequently requested there. they lie on me / yell at me harrass me aily. two days ago i asked a taxi driver to move up to let me in . she started yelling at me then a police woman came started yellingat me and very hostile without even asking what the problem was about , after a small time taxi driver talked to the police woman stating i had done nothing wrong she came back to me in a calm manner . after that a taxi driver started to tell everyone one i said i was going to kill them all and they needed to go to the police . This is so not true NEVER once did Iever say anything like this . The follwing morning i had my permit taken from me and banned for life . without talking to me the said they didnt want to hear anything and wouldnt talk about it . I called the police chief he said he didnt want to hear anything its final leave ! I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG . I WOULD NEVER THREATEN ANYONE it is just made up lies to get me out of the airport. By the way im not acist im married to a white lady with white children. what can i do ??? Please help . Thankyou .
Are you being charged with a crime? Or are you upset and want to vent?:confused:

I am not trying to be rude...Just trying for clarification. :)

Proserpina

Given that OP posted in the Job Discrimination and Harassment forum, I'd guess he's not asking about a criminal charge.

His permit was revoked (for whatever reason).

J.Egan

I want to know if the airport can take my permit away just because people have lied and complain about me .. because they want me out for financial gain . I just paid 400$ for my permit . I did nothing wrong they didnt even talk to me . said "your out" They took it away for NO reason.

Just Blue

I want to know if the airport can take my permit away just because people have lied and complain about me .. because they want me out for financial gain . I just paid 400$ for my permit . I did nothing wrong they didnt even talk to me . said "your out" They took it away for NO reason.
Have you consulted with an attorney?

And I am sorry for misreading your 1st posting.

justalayman

This is really too complex to give you much advice or hope on an internet forum. On its face, it appears there might be an argument the permit was wrongfully repealed. Then again, I suspect there are rules you must comply with to retain a permit as well that you may have breached. You need to speak with a lawyer who can review the situation in closer detail and advise you.

OHRoadwarrior

I suggest you contact the airport exec assistant, to escalate your situation. If you are not satisfied by the outcome, contact the airport authority attorneys office. Here is the contact info. Please remember, immediately going into a diatribe, complaining about your treatment, is not the goal. Having your license reinstated is. I suggest you start with sentences like

"Hi, I am XXXXXX, I have a really big problem and it is putting me out of business. Will you please attempt to help me?"

Do not try and cast blame, simply explain in a non judgmental way what happened, express your innocence of some misinterpretation and request help to fix the situation.

http://www.melbourneflorida.org/pub/pub-pdf/arptauth.pdf

Last edited:

J.Egan

I spoke to the police Chief he said If I dont go to an attorney about this he will give me my 400$ back which I just paid for my airport permit . All i want is justice I did nothing wrong . Lies have been told . I need to clear the lies said about me .

Antigone*

I spoke to the police Chief he said If I dont go to an attorney about this he will give me my 400$ back which I just paid for my airport permit . All i want is justice I did nothing wrong . Lies have been told . I need to clear the lies said about me .
If this is just about stopping the lies, then you are really wasting your time. If this is about getting your permit back then I suggest you proceed with retaining an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">