• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I quit 2 years ago but my ex-boss still calls me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

buggywumper

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?
Mighigan

For six years I worked for a man and his wife, they owned the company. It was a small company and I had only two other co-workers. My male boss seemed intent on writing me a poem which he then read to me which he confessed his desires to 'embrace me in his arms, kiss, and make love to me'.
I told him his behavior was totally inappropriate. He also would call me at my parents house on the weekends (i lived with my parents while getting a divorce) Finally in february two years ago I quit...without telling my bosses the real reason. However this man contines to this day to call my home and cell phone and as recently as a month ago, he stopped by my house to see how I was doing.

I can't get this guy to understand (even though I did make clear to him that I thought he commited sexual harassment at work) that I quit my job working for him because of him.

I don't think his wife knows what he is doing since he always calls on the weekend or after hours (I never answer, I just see it on my caller ID) and I never told her when I quit two years ago. I just thought it would all go away but it seems worse.

What should I do or what can I do? Does any one have any ideas? He just doesn't seem to listen when I tell him "Do Not Contact Me Anymore".

BelizeBreeze

Go to the police station and swear out an Order of Protection against him then have it served at his place of business. Who knows, if his wife is there she may be the one served :D then the $hit will hit the fan :D:D:D

Have you contacted the police or filed for a restraining order? I am not sure about the exact legal definition of "stalker," but he might be a stalker and what he is doing might be illegal. I'd talk to the police.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The definition of stalker varies with the state and I don't know what it is in Michigan, but Suzie's on the right track. (BB too.) By all means contact the police - this guy is a sandwich short of a picnic.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">