• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it illegal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

ginseng

Is it illegal to distribute copies with a picture of someone who was never charged with harrasment?

Beth3

Are you asking if it's legal to distribute pictures of an individual, identifying them as someone who harassed you? No, it's not against the law per se but that strikes me as a singularly excellent way to get sued for slander and defamation.

G

ginseng

actually I should clarify it more this is a black balling issue to prevent a person from getting a job in the future.

ginseng said:
Is it illegal to distribute copies with a picture of someone who was never charged with harrasment?

JETX

"this is a black balling issue to prevent a person from getting a job in the future."
And if you do that, you are practically making THEIR case of damages against you.

The risks and downside of your taking such actions as 'publishing' someone as a 'harraser' are simply not worth it. Grow up, forget about 'revenge' and get on with our life.

Beth3

In that case, you can add tortious interference to the list of things for which you can be sued. Your plan has a few flaws in it and I suggest you abandon all thoughts along this line.

G

ginseng

Thanks for everyone's input on this matter I'm now taking it to my attorney.

G

ginseng

Yep sooner or later the rightful owner of the copy machine will see it :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">