• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm being "Blackballed". How to stop them?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

2trusting

What is the name of your state? Ca.
It started eight months ago when there was one item on my quarterly review that I disagreed with so I chose not to sign it. Ever since then, I've been "blackballed". I get in trouble for every little thing when my co-workers are ignored for doing the same or worse. My boss has lied to me on repeatedly (I've confirmed with co-workers) that "everyone" of us is getting in trouble, but no one else knows about it. Out of the five of us in my group, I am probably the most productive and have the best stats (documented), so how can I stop them?? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Bob

S

Sinsaint26

You can't. It is not illegal for your employer to be a jerk.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Also, you are using the term incorrectly. In HR and employment parlance, blackballing would be if a former employer were calling all the potential employers you could be going to and telling them not to hire you.

BTW, signing a review does not imply that you agree with it. It signifies that you have been told of the contents. Not signing it was insubordination and you could legally have been fired for it. You kept your job, albeit with some problems. I think the handwriting is on the wall. Brush up your resume and start looking around.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">