• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

income discrimination/empl-indep contract conflict

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bbinatl

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Hired as Indep Contr/pd on comm basis instead of being charged rent (verbal and written). Employer stated today 1/17/03 that effective 2/1/03 being changed to $400 rent. Advised that she has found someone willing and able to pay rent, and I will be replaced as of that date. I was never approached and offered to continue with the above changes. I questioned the General Manager as to why. Advised that she knew what I make and that I wouldn't be able to pay rent. I receive other income outside this athletic club. She stated since I was an employee that they could make this decision. Advised her that I was hired as an indep contract not an employee. If I was an employee why weren't taxes being taken out of my pay for 1-1/2 years and have not been offered benefits. The only tax forms completed were for a part-time position working the front desk. I receive two separate checks each pay period. The check for income earned from the front desk have taxes withdrawn. The check for all massage income have no taxes withdrawn.

All this came about after a personal/business dispute 2 weeks before this date. I have been receiving constant harrassment by her, the General Manager for several months in regards to an associate club that I work for managed by the same company. Comments made by her crossed boundaries between personal, business and possibly sexual in nature.

Is there just cause in legal action in regards to indep contract vs employee?

Breaking of a binding (verbal/written) contract?

Discrimination based on prejudment of income worth?
Discrimination based on income?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">