• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

internal e-mail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sasparkle

What is the name of your state? AZ
Our company's HR manager sent an internal e-mail to my boss,with my name as the subject. This e-mail discussed a matter concerning me that came to her attention, and the steps my boss should take in dealing with this matter. As every employee of my company could open and read this, I feel degraded, humiliated and that my privacy has been violated! Is there any legal action I can take?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
How is every employee in the company going to be able to open an e-mail sent from the HR Manager to her boss?

JETX

"Is there any legal action I can take?"
*** No.

From your post, it appears that the sender either posted the private email to the company-wide scheduling page (unlikely) or more likely, sent to 'all' instead of only to the intended person. These mistakes do happen.

What did the HR manager and/or sender say when you contacted them PROFESSIONALLY and asked for a response??

sasparkle

Thanks for your response; I only saw it late yesterday afternoon and will respond to it "professionally" today..:))

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">