• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

intimidation by supervisor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mccleave1

What is the name of your state? kansas - i am a civil service employee with dept of army. when my immediate supervisor, who is a branch chief, and my team leader were unable to provide me with information i requested from them, i emailed my request to the acting division chief. when my supervisor found out, she called a meeting of all the employees that she supervises. in this meeting she pointed to individuals employees asking if they sent the email. she stopped before she got to me. she said she knew who sent the email and she was so angry she wanted to squash that person like a bug. when she said this, she made a downward twisting gesture with her extended thumb like she was squashing a bug. when the meeting ended i reported her actions to her supervisor and a fact finding investigation was started. when my supervisor was notified of the fact finding , she called my coworkers into her office one by one and discussed the investigation with them. they have been advised by her not to speak to me. do i have any legal recourse against her actions?

Beth3

So your supervisor was ticked off that somebody jumped over her head and sent an e-mail to the division chief and she acted like an idiot when she found out. No, that's not illegal, although it appears she's only made matters worse for herself by interrogating her employees when she found out about the investigation.

I suggest you let your superiors do their job and handle the situation as they deem appropriate. You have no alternative because no laws have been broken.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">