• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Job description qualification changed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vandersa

What is the name of your state? Oregon

Management changed the job description qualification from requiring a MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) to a specific certification from Microsoft in Windows 2000. So because I do not have this certification they will demote me soon. When I was hired in this job, it only required a MCP, which I have in Microsoft Networking. Is that legal?

Beth3

Yes. Establishing the qualifications to hold a position is entirely the perrogative of management. Business conditions change, technology changes, job requirements change. The requirements that were established for your job at the time of hire did not constitute some contract that meant they could never be changed. If that were the case, all the systems analysts now working in Oracle and SAP environments would still only have AS400 skills.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">