• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Job Discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

papwdh

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I never received proper training on standards when I started the job.

The girl in same position as me was hostile because I was taking her overtime away from her.

I was told I could not have certain software loaded on PC to learn because I was in for the duration until retirement (I'm almost 60). Only the younger girl could have it because it was her career.

I can't work overtime because the younger girl needs it more than I do.

Zero tolerance for errors started three weeks ago. I was blamed for a technical error because of a software gliche, and now I'm in the process of losing my job. The others in my department made big errors through carelessness last week. They were not disciplined nor fired for zero tolerance.

I had to survey 5 teammates on my performance for this job. They did not assist me in any way so they can't comment. I am the only one required to survey 5 teammates on my performance after a project and for my attention during a meeting.

A fellow employee became violent with me on five occasions for no reason. This was observed by a former supervisor and others. They have given her many chances. She is habitual on losing temper with everyone. The last incident was blamed on me by a team leader who was not present. I have to take a course on getting along and she doesn't.

I will be fired on Monday for the technical problem. I have been discriminated against from the first day on job two years ago.

Last edited:

Beth3

Treating you unfairly is not illegal. If you were treated unfairly BECAUSE of your age, race, gender, handicap, national origin, religion or some other protected characeristic, then that is prohibited discrimination and it is illegal.

P

papwdh

How can it be legal to be told I can't further myself on the job because I was for the duration until I can retire. My supervisor said it was the other girl's career.

Why do I have to survey for performance and attention when they don't?

How can I be blamed and fired for something that was not my fault?

If there is zero tolerance for errors, how come the other four have not been fired since it was started three weeks ago? Each of them did make major errors in a report.

In other words, employers are not held responsible for their acts of injustice. Where is the law to protect us?

Last edited:
S

Sinsaint26

If you feel you are held to a different standard due to your age you can file a complaint with the EEOC.

Beth3

papwdh, whether your employer has done something illegal depends upon whether they are treating you adversely because of one of the factors I listed above.

P

papwdh

I have kept records different things that happened. The feedback from my clients (partners) show that I do quality work while maintaining a good relationship with all clients.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">