• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

job nearly killed me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

liz6369

What is the name of your state? indiana

long story short. started new job w/ same company. required to perform work of three people (amt alloted for my position in the branch) numerous times expressed my concern for my physical well being as i was working overtime then working many nights until 2-3 in the morning. requested addtl resources to no avail.
became severly depressed, started using drugs, and eventually putting a gun to my head. took short term leave of absence and have recently been terminated.

is there anything i can do as i believe the stress and the frustration of a corporation not providing resources as promised caused my current state of depression, drug abuse and suicidal tendicies? and now mtg payment two months behind.

stephenk

did your doctor attribute the depression to your job or to other factors in your life? Or a combination of job and other factors?

if job related, did you apply for disability or unemployment?

Beth3

You are free to file a worker's compensation claim for your depression and stress-related ailments. Be advised that such claims are investigated thoroughly by the WC carrier and causation is difficult to prove. Even if they ultimately assume liability for your depression, I sincerely doubt that anything related to your illegal drug use can be laid at your employer's door or that the WC carrier will take liability for any of those expenses under any circumstances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">